New Blog

Continue the adventure at:
caldreamsquirrel.blogspot.com

17 April 2010

Happy Birthday to My Mom!!

Other than telling me that "you can't go to a coed high school," 
I can't remember another time when my mother said, "you can't."  
She always told me "try it" and "whatever you put your mind to, 
you can do."  I think the closest she ever got was "no, you 
cannot fly in that open cockpit biplane...remember what 
happened last time."
She instilled in me the confidence to live in Mexico by myself 
for a year, to travel all over the world, to go to medical school, 
to be my own person and never let anyone tell me I couldn't, 
wouldn't or shouldn't.  The last she felt confident in doing 
because, as I've written before, my mother instilled in me
a sense of personal responsibility for my actions.
I love you, Mom. Thank you for shaping me into the woman 
I've become.


Happy Birthday!







4 comments:

betty said...

happy birthday to your mom, Veronica! Now I need to know what happened last time with the plane.

she sounds like a wonderful mom!! hope she has a good birthday!

betty

Claudia said...

She must be so proud of you, I know I would be, like I am of my daughter.

Jeanie said...

She surely is a special Mom Veronica!
She gave you lots of room to fly in more ways than one.
Happy Birthday to your Mom.

May se have many more of them to come.
p.s. I remember that photo of your holiday in the Everglades. I hope Mommy croc wasn't hanging around close by....lol
Hugs to her and you too.
Jeanie xxxxx

Lisa said...

Happy belated birthday to your mom. I'm sure she is proud of you and the person you are!