New Blog

Continue the adventure at:
caldreamsquirrel.blogspot.com

14 July 2009

Veronicology

I know you don't want to hear more gory stories about life in the emergency department. So, as an interlude in preparation for my weekend stint on the overnight shift at the county hospital and, hopefully lots of gore, I am going to follow Winevere's blog posting and share a little Veronicology:

These are the directions: Let others know a little more about yourself. Re-post this as your name followed by "ology."


What is your salad dressing of choice?
Blue Cheese

What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
Depends on the city I am in, all time though would be Ruth Chris' Steak House

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? Mexican


What are your pizza toppings of choice?
Pepperoni & Mushrooms

What do you like to put on your toast?
Butter and blackberry jam

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla

How many televisions are in your house?
3

What color cell phone do you have?
iPhone with the white back

Do you have a laptop?
Yes

Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Right

Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Um, no...

What is the last heavy item you lifted?
a backboard from a patient

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
No

If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
No, I like surprises

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Growing up, I always wanted to be Cassandra Taylor

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
How big's the bottle?

How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
4

Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
By choice, a week ago to talk about a homocide, not by choice, as a freshman in college

Last person you talked to on the phone?
my hubby

Last person you hugged? my mom


Favorite Holiday?
Christmas!

Favorite day of the week?
any day I am not working

Month?
September, I love the fall

Missing someone?
yes

Mood?
Tired, it's been a brutal and emotional two days

What are you listening to?
XM radio on my iPhone

Watching?
nothing, see prior question

Worrying about?
how messy my apartment is, and how dirty is the kitty litter

First place you went this morning?
Dunkin Donuts before work

What's the last movie you saw?
Step Up Two

Sleeping Alone Tonight?
You're never alone with three cats on the bed

Do you always answer your phone?
Depends on the caller I.D.

If you could change your eye color what would it be?
Green, like my grandmother's

What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?
I've only been to a Sonic once in OKC, and I don't remember having the option

Do you own a digital camera?
Yes

Have you ever had a pet fish?
Yes, until moving here, I'd maintained an aquarium of some size or other since the age of 7

What's on your wish list for your birthday?
Balloons and teddy bears, I love teddy bears.

Can you do push ups?
Can, yes, do, no.

Can you do a chin up?
Depends, am I on the exercise machine that gives you a little boost?

Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
excited

Do you have any saved texts?
Yes, mostly from my hubby

Ever been in a car wreck?
three, none my fault

Do you have an accent?
Yes, a combination of California Valley girl with a hint of dem dere upper Midwest folk

What is the last song to make you tear up?
The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel

Plans tonight?
Sleep eventually

Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Yes, but somehow managed to climb out of that hole, and now here I am!

Name 3 things you bought yesterday - Starbuck's coffee, lunch, dinner


Have you ever been given roses?
Yes

Current hate right now?
feeling uninspired

Met someone who changed your life?
yes, had a lot of good influences in college

How did you bring in the New Year?
With my hubby at an outdoor concert watching fireworks over Niagara Falls on the Canadian side

Name 3 people who might complete this?
Nicole, De, and someone from work


Would you go back in time if you were given the chance? Yes, I have three "do overs" I would love another chance at

Have you ever dated someone longer than a year? Yes. Amazingly, only my husband. Prior to that, three months was the record. I have short attention span.

Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Both my ears are double pierced

Does anyone love you? I can think of at least 5... do my cats count too?

What songs do you sing in the shower? 80's Madonna or "Big and Chunky" from Madagascar 2 or "Low" by Flo Rida

Ever had someone sing to you? Hmmm...
Do you like to cuddle? Of course

Have you held hands with anyone today? I don't think examining a patient counts

Who was the last person you took a picture of? probably one of my work colleagues since HIPAA prevents us from taking pictures that in some shape or form lead to the identification of a patient which violates their right to privacy


What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school? Whatever was top 20, but a lot of 50's and 60's stuff too

Do you believe in staying close with your ex's? refer to prior question about long term dating, no long term connections


Are most of the friends in your life new or old? both, I love meeting new people, and I treasure all the friends I have made and keep them close

Do you like pulpy orange juice? Like my beer, I like an orange juice I can chew


What is something your friends make fun of you for? Which friends and from which social occasion?


Have you ever ridden an elephant? No


Do you like to play Scrabble? sometimes online

What are you saving your money up for right now? Vacation and moving expenses for next year


When is the last time you ate peanut butter and jelly? together? not in a long time


What were you doing 12 AM last night? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
Just make it through the day and you'll have sailing to look forward to tomorrow

So, now, how about you???

1 comment:

betty said...

these were cute to read, Veronica; you are right; you never sleep alone with 3 cats on the bed (or a corgi puppy)

I don't get tired of your stories from the ER or your stories of medicine

betty